Friday, February 12, 2010

I have become a literal part of the 5th article of faith!

Hi guys!
It’s great to hear from you like always! Thanks so much for your words of support dad! It means a lot.
So I recently looked at my ministral certificate with my district. It is a little card we carry in with us at all times. It has very meaningful words. it says
"Garret Steven Brendlinger, who is in full faith and fellowship with the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints, is a duly ordained minister of the gospel and as such has authority to preach the principles of the gospel and to administer the ordinances there of- we invite all people to hear his message."
That was really impressive to me. Not only am I a "minister" but I have become a literal part of the 5th article of faith! I never realized that either of those things would happen to me, but it’s really awesome.
I will do my best to live up to this responsibility. This certificate is recognized legally too. Even the non-Latter Day Saint world acknowledges that when you have this you are not "soliciting" or teaching random thoughts you have, but we have authority to preach and administer. I’m grateful for that opportunity.
I love you guys and I pray for you! I wish you the best. Talk to you later.
Love Elder Brendlinger

No comments:

Post a Comment