Friday, February 12, 2010

I love going to the Temple!


I love going to the Temple! I always have one set of questions answered and I get a whole new set of questions for next time. Ha, but I love it. I can really feel that I’m being taught by the spirit in there. Speaking of that, the spirit is very smart. In fact it knows everything. Joseph Smith said in his King Follett Sermon that he knew more than any man because he had the spirit with him. I know that being taught by the spirit is very important for mission service. It even teaches when we practice lessons with members that role play. I was talking with one instructor and the spirit helped me explain the first vision in a way that I never even thought about before. The spirit taught me as the words came out of my own mouth. That was a remarkable experience. By the way the thought was -- "God answers prayers according to our personal needs. Since Joseph was going to be the prophet of the restoration he needed to see God and His son so that he could endure persecution and testify with power. We can also pray for answers, but we probably won’t see God. But we do feel exactly what WE PERSONALLY need to feel. God will tell us everything we need to know in the way we need to hear it."
I love you all, and I wish you the best!
Elder Brendlinger

No comments:

Post a Comment