Friday, February 12, 2010

Practicing missionary lessons for FHE was a great tool.

Hi,
It’s been great here. I’m really enjoying the frequent temple trips. I can never get too much of that. I also love the spirit here. I’m realizing how sensitive the spirit really is. It’s been my focus to strive to invite it all day. It’s very easy to offend it. I love how often it’s around though. I like the great examples of all the other elders. The group that mentored my group just left for the field and a new group just came in on Wed. They are cool. There are a lot of little things to know here, like how to do laundry and stuff.
I’m not in the laundry room typing cuz me and my new comp Elder Bice went to another building so we could print. He is neat. He grew up in a small town and has a lot of funny stories like how he took a girl on a date one time to slaughter a cow! They had a great time.
There have been a lot of good class discussions. We all get along. It’s kind of a must if we want the spirit to be there, and we know that it must be there cuz if we don’t learn with the spirit we can’t teach with the spirit and that is what really converts. Thanks for having me practice the missionary lessons on you guys. It was a great technique. It’s actually how we do it here too. We have the trc and we teach to members that are role playing as investigators in Spanish and English. You can recommend teaching for FHE to the guys in the ward.
All my district members are Elders, no sisters, and we are all learning Spanish. 6 of them are going to Guatemala and Dallas. Cory Hayden from Redmond was here. I saw him a bunch. He left though. Thanks a ton for making the blog!
love you guys talk to you soon! Elder Brendlinger

No comments:

Post a Comment