Tuesday, June 1, 2010

I couldn’t have thought up a better comp.

Thanks so much for all your prayers and support! I heard it works best to send packages by u.p.s. cuz they do forwarding better. I’ve been instructed to have people send letters, packages and everything to the mission home, because it gets complicated with transfers and stuff.
I’ve really been blessed! My mission is amazing! I cannot believe how much charity and love is in this place! There are so many that are ready to listen and so many that are helping the work along!!!
In just the first week here are a few things that happened:
breakfast at presidents house---free subway sandwich for being a missionary---free sandwiches for my comp and I at another restaurant worth like $13 for being a missionary---two men walked up and testified and said we are doing the Lord's work while were eating--- 22 people have honked their horns (including a school bus) while we were walking on the sidewalk --- about 15 people have waved--- we were late for dinner, I prayed for a ride and a stranger pulled over and gave us a ride!! That is one of about 15 rides from members and investigators we’ve gotten!! A stranger offered another ride but we didn’t need it--- we live in a home with a mother and son which are amazingly kind and supportive, he cooked us dinner last night when our appointment canceled (even though we have another dinner appointment with them tonight) and he has given us like 4 rides--every member and investigator invites us in with a smile, and most offer us a drink or food(its Latin culture, they are so nice) I’ve never drank such large glasses of juice in my life! HaHa--- and I got to anoint 2 people with consecrated oil in Spanish.
I can’t even count the many blessings and tender mercies here. I’m serving in the "Provo west" area. My comp is Elder Cufre from Argentina. I couldn’t have thought up a better comp. We work hard, get along, and are getting better all the time. He is teaching me so much! We taught 34 lessons this week it was great!
I have to go, but I love you all. I hope the spirit can be with you, and help you like it has been helping me. I hope everything is great!
Love Elder Brendlinger

No comments:

Post a Comment