Wednesday, June 2, 2010

GOD WILL BE ABLE TO COME INTO OUR LIVES AND HE WILL HELP US TO DO HIS MIRACLES

Elder Cufre and I get along like all the time. We both like to work so we are able to break new ground and stretch to do things we couldn't do earlier in life because we were distracted by doing other simpler tasks. It’s like we are trying to qualify for a higher law ya know? I really like it!
Today we had a great experience in comp study. We were talking and he said that he really wants to make the most of this transfer and turn it into a powerful experience we can remember forever. I said "yeah let’s do it! But how?"…Then it got a little quiet ha ha. We talked about communicating well, loving one another, obeying rules etc. (good answers but not new material - ya know) Then he read a scripture (Moroni 7:26,33) and I thought... and we talked and thought some more, and prayed for our investigators. When I opened my eyes it felt like I opened a whole new set of spiritual eyes. I am still working on summarizing it, but basically I really am learning that faith allows us to do all things.
Before my mission I wondered about what knowledge I needed for my mission, and what I needed to do in order to be effective. I was thinking obedience, work ethic and memorizing Scripture mastery etc. But I realized - IF WE DEVELOPE, EXCERSISE AND SEARCH FOR EXPERIENCES TO INCREASE AND SHARE OUR FAITH, GOD WILL BE ABLE TO COME INTO OUR LIVES AND HE WILL HELP US TO DO HIS MIRACLES. Faith qualifies us for His help, because it is a principle of belief and action it encompasses so much of the gospel. If we have faith we will be humble, obedient, charitable, loving and bold. We honor our call and have every other necessary quality, and do every necessary action to be a "clean vessel" that the Lord can bless. Faith leads to power, and power is the ability to do work. God wants to use us for His work. If we are faithful then He can give us the power, and if we are faithful we will use it.
I’m so grateful for experiences like these that teach me so much. I’m so grateful for the chance I have to share them with you.
Don’t forget to read and pray, because if you do you can have the spirit, and through the spirit anything can be revealed - ANYTHING.
Stay happy =)
I love you

No comments:

Post a Comment