Monday, May 31, 2010

Basically, if you are humble and diligent the spirit will come to teach and comfort you so you don’t feel inferior.

Matt Johnson from California just came to the MTC yesterday! I had no idea he was coming but we ran into each other in a computer lab just hours after he got here! I realized that it’s been almost 3 years since I’ve seen him. I gave him my mailbox # so he can write a note to me if he has time. He said that his brother Scott got home like a week and a half ago. That’s exciting!
I wrote in my journal that I felt really special that God would allow me to see one of my best friends again. It is proof that God loves friendships and closeness among His children. There is no coincidence that after 3 years of being separated we came to the MTC within the same 8 week period and are in the same building.
Stephanie, it’s great to hear that you are getting a lot out of you mission class! I know the feeling of inferiority that you were feeling. It’s great to want to learn all that we can. There is so much though, and sometimes we feel like we are the only one that doesn’t know. One thing that really helped me was having the spirit with me. It comforts us in our humility and teaches us too.
When I have the spirit I am reminded that the Lord loves me and is pleased with my desire to learn. God reveals all that we need to know when the time is right. Until that time we study all we can which helps us prepare for the revelation, and revelation often comes while we study. Basically, if you are humble and diligent the spirit will come to teach and comfort you so you don’t feel inferior.
In PMG (Preach my Gospel) it says that the success of a missionary is measured primarily by their dedication to the work. I’m positive that this can be applied to any other member as well, cuz again - If WE do our BEST then GOD will do the REST.
I love you and wish you the best! TTY soon!----------

No comments:

Post a Comment