Monday, May 31, 2010

Going on a mission is DEFFINATELY the best choice I could have made! I love it.

THANKS A TON for the valentine’s package! I really enjoyed it! It turns out that sending huge amounts of candy is a great idea cuz otherwise everyone in the district would have to sit and watch you eat it, so I’ve been able to share. Even though there is a ton of food 3 times a day we still get the munchies all the time. Ha Ha. It’s probably why Elders gain weight so often. Ha. I’m trying to stay healthy just like you guys are.
I’ve found that obedience makes all aspects of life better including health. They give us 50 minutes of gym and they encourage us to spend 20 on cardio and 10 on strength and 10 on stretching. Every day that I follow that council closely, I feel better all day. It’s amazing how obedience to rules helps with the spirit in our lives; and the spirit can strengthen us physically, mentally, spiritually and improve our relationships too!
I’m also getting practice with close relationships cuz I’m with my comp all the time. He is great and I’m learning a lot about relationships in general and getting along with all kinds of people.
Our district came up with a goal to be able to sincerely pray in Spanish by the end of the MTC. I thought I may struggle with that goal, but thanks to the help God gave me I said a good prayer this morning and only had to use 2 words in English! Yay! I’m excited. The Lord's hand really has been in my life more than even. I don’t feel like I’m serving Him because he is doing more for me than I could ever do for Him on my mission. Going on a mission is DEFFINATELY the best choice I could have made! I love it.
I recently was impressed at how God has given us each commandment with our eternal progression in mind. He doesn’t tell us to be obedient to glorify Him but rather, so that we can grow, be happy and return to live with Him. EVERY SINGLE command comes with a powerful promise of blessings, which are often so great we can’t understand. I have seen the damage that can be caused by disobeying and I’ve felt the happiness that can come from obeying. Sometimes it’s so clear that good leads to good and bad leads to bad, but other times the adversary clouds our view. It’s important to always keep our guard up and to not let ourselves think that our will is better than His. If we do OUR BEST, God will do THE REST.
I love you guys and pray for you!

No comments:

Post a Comment